Barcelona Travel Guide
Insider Tourist Tips And More!
Welcome to Barcelona Travel Guide so much more than just a Tourist Guide to Barcelona City and Province!
So much has been said about Barcelona Travel that it's difficult to know where to start without going through the same old tourist information that you're probably already familiar with.
After 25 years of living and working in the Catalan capital, I'm excited to let you in on local insider secrets about:-
Barcelona Travel Guide gives you insider tips on:
Ask me me questions about your holiday on the Barcelona Advice Forum
Keep up to date with what's happening in Barcelona
- Subscribe to BCN Blog
- Sign up for my monthly Barcelona Travel Newsletter.
Let Me Show You The City
After 25 years living in Barcelona, 10 years writing about Catalonia and now nearly a year running Barcelona Travel Guide, I have started giving Guided Tours of the City.
So if you want to discover Barcelona with a fun-loving native, I can highly recommend ...
A Walk Down The Ramblas
A Walk Down The Ramblas is a fascinating three-hour walk through 2,000 years of Barcelona History followed by a relaxing Menu del Dia lunch.
Full of anecdotes and examples, you will discover why Federico García Lorca described La Rambla as the street he 'wished would never end'.
Visit Roman Ruins, Medieval Shipyards and 19th Century Absinthe Dens.
See where George Orwell witnessed Spanish Civil War shootouts and Walk Around the Finest Public Market in the World.
- Maximum 10 Participants
- Leaves from Ramblas Exit of Catalunya Metro Station
- 10.30 am Every Thursday
- Lunch and Morning Drink Included
- Price €40
Click Here To Find Out More About A Walk Down The Ramblas
FC Barcelona-More Than A Club
FC Barcelona-More Than A Club is a Full-Day Tour that takes you through more than a century of Barça History and shows you why Futbol Club Barcelona is so much More Than A Club.
The morning takes us to Camp Nou and includes the Stadium and Museum Tour plus explanations of the the Sculptures and Penya Crests and a visit to FC Barcelona's famous Masia.
Following a three-course Menu del Dia lunch, we take in major Barcelona sights such as Canaletes, Gimnàs Solé, Plaça Sant Jaume and the Basílica de la Mercè.
The day closes with a drink near Sant Maria del Mar in the fashionable El Born District.
- Maximum 10 Participants
- Leaves from Diagonal Exit of Palau Reial Metro Station
- 10.30 am Every Friday
- Lunch and Morning and Afternoon Drinks Included
- Barcelona Museum And Stadium Entrance Included
- Price €80
Click Here To Find Out More About FC Barcelona-More Than A Club
Buy My Book
Find us on Google+
I am author of the acclaimed Going Native in Catalonia.
Written in 2008, it is much more than just a guide book and an essential resource for both the intelligent tourist and anyone intending to come and live in Catalonia.
The book was rereleased by Summertime Publishing in 2012 and is available on my friend Rod Younger's Books4Spain as well as Amazon.
Later in the year, I plan to turn some of the material I am creating for Barcelona Travel Guide into a new book about Barcelona for Summertime.
Click Here To Buy Going Native In Catalonia On Books4Spain
Here Are Links To The Main Sections On Barcelona Travel Guide
- FC Barcelona - More Than A Club Tour
- The More Than A Club Tour is for Barça fans or tourists, who not only want a fun day out in Barcelona but would also like to understand the social and cultural significance of FC Barcelona.
- A Walk Down The Ramblas - A Tour Along Barcelona's Most Famous Street
- A Walk Down The Ramblas tells 2000 Years of Barcelona on a three-hour tour through fascinating history and anecdotes - Roman ruins, Medieval shipyards, the World's Best Market and lots more!
- Book Your Tour
- Book Your Tour with Barcelona Travel Guide. Online bookings for 'A Walk Down The Ramblas' and 'FC Barcelona - More Than A Club'.
- Barcelona City Centre - The Heart Of Your Barcelona Holiday
- If you're coming on holiday, Barcelona city centre is where you will spend most of your time and where you'll probably book your hotel so let me give you some advice on the best places to stay.
- The Administrative Districts Of Barcelona and The Barris or Neighbourhoods
- This article gives detailed information about the administrative districts of Barcelona and then looks at the barris or neighbourhoods which may be of interest to the visitor.
- Barcelona Province - Coastal Resorts, Wine Regions, Mountains and More!
- Barcelona Province consist of 11 comarques or counties and some amazing countryside. Even better is that all Province of Barcelona destinations are with 45 minutes drive of the city.
- Barcelona Beaches - The Best In The Mediterranean
- The Barcelona Beaches are within walking distance of the City Centre or a short metro journey away. There are 9 beaches in Barcelona with blue flag status, and over 4 km of golden sands.
- Barcelona Transport - Trains, Buses, Metro and More!
- The Barcelona Transport System includes RENFE Train Services, Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya, Barcelona Metro, Trams, Buses, Taxis, Funicular and the Airport and Port.
- Barcelona Airport Information - Barcelona El Prat (BCN)
- Located in El Prat, Barcelona Airport is Spain's second international airport. This guide provides travel information on transport, flights, car hire, facilities etc at T1 and Terminal 2.
- Car Rentals In Barcelona - Barcelona Car Hire
- Although the main pick-up for Car Rentals in Barcelona is the Airport, we include maps of Barcelona car hire drop-off points in city centre and province to for best options for Barcelona car rentals.
- Where To Stay In Barcelona - Location Advice For Your Accommodation Choices
- Deciding where to stay in Barcelona depends very much on the purpose of your visit and the kind of experience you want to have. City Break, Beach Holiday, Business or Sport?
- Hotels In Barcelona - A General Accommodation Guide
- Factors to consider when comparing hotels in Barcelona. This general accommodation guide looks at hotels from 5 star to discount and pros/cons of Barcelona city centre, neighbourhoods and province.
- Barcelona Holiday Apartments - Enjoying The City In Your Own Way
- Barcelona Holiday Apartments offer many advantages to tourists visiting the city or Province of Barcelona. This guide offers reviews and recommendations to flats
- Hostels in Barcelona - For A Shared Experience At Budget Prices
- The choice of Hostels in Barcelona gets better almost the day. Sharing experiences and making friends without breaking the bank in establishments all over the city.
- Barcelona Sightseeing Buses - Hop On Hop Off Tours Of The City
- The Barcelona Sightseeing Buses offering Hop On Hop Off Tours that can be completed over one or two days with various routes and accompanying audio guide are a perfect introduction to the city.
- Barcelona Public Holidays and Festivals
- Barcelona public holidays like Christmas, New Year and Easter, international but Reis and Carnaval are specific to Latin countries. Sant Jordi and La Diada are Catalan and La Merce only Barcelona.
- Barcelona Live Music Clubs And Venues
- There are so many Barcelona Live Music Clubs that it's very difficult to make a definitive list, so I'm stating this venues page with some of my favourites, which tend to specialise in black music.
- Barcelona Museums - Art, Culture And History
- A complete list of Barcelona Museums offering a wide variety of exhibitions dedicated to the art, culture and history of Barcelona. Addresses and discounts on entrance are also available.
- Barcelona Architecture - From Gothic To Modernist
- A city of amazing buildings, Barcelona architecture is one of the Catalan capital's attractions. Gothic architecture lays the foundation for the Modernista Barcelona architects such as Gaudí.
- Barcelona Football - FC Barcelona, RCD Espanyol, Futbol Sala and More!
- The Barcelona Football scene is more than FC Barcelona. RCD Espanyol is a worthy rival but the FCF supports semi-pro and amateur clubs plus plenty of chances to play Futbol Sala - Indoor Football.
- Barcelona Sports Venues - Football, Basketball, Motor Racing, Tennis And More
- There is a great selection of Barcelona Sports Venues for all major sports, including Football, Basketball, Tennis and Motor Racing, as well as for minor sports at professional and amateur level.
- Barcelona Food and Drink - Restaurants, Cafes, Bars and Shops
- Good Barcelona food and drink is found all over the city, though you'll probaby go to restaurants and bars where you do your sightseeing in the old town, around the Ramblas and the Barri Gòtic.
- Learn Spanish In Barcelona - Study And Course Information
- There are clear reasons to learn Spanish in Barcelona, this introduction gives advice on schools and Spanish courses in Barcelona and links to self-study materials online.
- BCN Blog - Independent Catalan News
- What's On In Barcelona! Keep Up To Date With What's Happing In The Catalan Capital ... Arts, Entertainment, Hotels and Restaurants.
- Barcelona Travel Blog
- The Barcelona Travel Blog keeps you up to date with all additions and changes to the barcelona-travel-guide.info website. Subscribe here.
- Barcelona Advice Forum
- Use the Forum to get the answer to your questions!
comments powered by
| Barcelona Travel Facebook Page
| Barcelona Expert on ScoopIt!